Greens with Horseradish–Crème Fraîche Dressing
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Toasting grains and seeds is a simple move that adds texture and deep flavor to this green salad. The dressing will be milder if you use fresh horseradish, or sharp and a tad spicy if you use prepared.
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated horseradish or 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp. Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups young bitter greens (such as watercress or miner’s lettuce)
- 4 tsp. golden and/or brown flaxseeds
- Radish flowers or sprouts (optional)
Toast flaxseeds in a large dry skillet over medium heat, tossing often, until fragrant, about 2 minutes; transfer to a small bowl. Toast amaranth in same skillet until fragrant, about 2 minutes; add to flaxseeds and let cool.
Whisk crème fraîche, horseradish, and vinegar in a large bowl. Thin with water, if needed; season with salt and pepper. Add greens and flowers, if using, and toss to coat. Serve topped with flaxseeds and amaranth.
DO AHEAD: Flaxseeds and amaranth can be toasted 5 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.